MARINATED SHRIMP KABOBS
Marinated Grilled Shrimp Ingredients
- 32 large fresh unpeeled shrimp
- 1 (15 1/4 oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1/2 c. oil free Italian dressing
- 1 (8 oz.) can no salt tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1 lg. green pepper cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lg. sweet red pepper cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 pearl onions
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 c. cooked long grain rice
Marinated Grilled Shrimp Instructions
Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Set aside. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice set aside. Combine reserved juice, Italian dressing, tomato sauce, brown sugar and mustard. Place shrimp in a shallow dish; add juice mixture, and toss gently. Cover and marinade in refrigerator at least 3 hours. Stir occasionally. Remove shrimp from marinade. Place marinade in small saucepan, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Alternate shrimp, pineapple chunks, peppers, and onions on 4 metal skewers. Coat grill rack with cooking spray, place on grill over medium hot coals. Place kabobs on rack and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until done, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Serve over cooked rice.